- Walk the mall -- The local mall is a great place to walk and window shop. The best time to walk the mall is in the morning where there are less people shopping. Wear sneakers and comfortable clothes and walk for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the stairs -- Instead of the elevator, take the stairs. Take a few minutes out of your work day and get your heart pumping by taking the stairs to and from your workplace, to the restroom, and even on your way out for a walk at lunch time!
- Take a commercial break -- Get some physical activity during TV time. When a commercial break starts, jog in place, do push-ups or sit-ups, or try some jumping jacks. Keep moving until your show starts again. Even short bursts of physical activity add up to a healthier you!
- Turn on some music -- Invite the whole family to dance with you. Choose lively music with a good beat and dance, dance, dance!
- Be a cleaning machine -- Vacuuming, carrying a laundry basket full of clothes up and down the stairs, and take grocery bags in from the bus or car are all great ways to get moving.
- Let it snow -- Bundle up the whole family and head outside to make a snow man or snow angel, build a snow fort, or shovel the driveway.
Make time to be physical active every day, all year long!