Grilling fruits and veggies are very easy! Try these steps to grill your favorite veggies for dinner!
- Choose your favorite combination of veggies like squash, zucchini, onions, and bell peppers.
- Chop veggies up into bite-size pieces.
- Make a bowl or pan out of aluminum foil. Add veggies to aluminum foil.
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil or cooking spray to veggies. Sprinkle with a seasoning of your choice like pepper or other dried herbs.
- Cook on the grill 5-10 minutes.
Grilled FruitYield: 3 Servings
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 peach (cubed)
1 banana (sliced)
1. Place fruit chunks on a skewer to make kabobs.
2. Grill or broil on low heat until the fruit is hot and slightly golden.
Note: If using wooden skewers, thoroughly soak skewers in water prior to using to prevent burning (approximately 30 minutes).
Recipe from USDA SNAP-Ed Recipe Finder